Student Travel Awards
Please complete steps 1–3 below by the Abstract Deadline on September 27, 2018 (extended) to be eligible for a Student Travel Award.
- Complete the application form located here.
- Submit an APS abstract with the student as the first author and presenter. The abstract deadline is September 27, 2018 (extended).
- Have your research supervisor or department chair complete the form supporting the travel award.
Additionally, you will also need to take following steps before the meeting.
- Pre-register for the meeting by September 21, 2018.
- Join the Texas Section of the American Physical Society. Membership is free for the first year for students. The application is available online. and you just need to make sure and add the Texas Section.
Travel awards will be $50–200 for as many students as possible, but the funds are limited. Students are expected to attend the major events of the meeting including the banquet. Recipients will be notified by e-mail by October 4, 2018. Once attendance at the meeting is confirmed a check will be issued to reimburse the applicant.